HOW TO ORDER FRAME FORMERS
HOW TO ORDER:
Order Dacatie Frame Formers please contact our head office by phone or email:
- 0161 627 4222
- [email protected]
Dacatie offers a range of multi-purpose frame formers, perfect for accurate openings around window and door reveals. There is no need for mitre cuts, specialist tools, specialist skills or separate installation of Dacatie Frame Formers that have been constructed by a Dacatie fabricator.
- Simple Installation
- One Piece Solution
ORDERING & INSTALLATION
For Dacatie Frame Former, the following information should be supplied:
- Overall width (a – structural opening) mm
- Overall height (b – structural opening) mm
- Cavity width mm
- Three or four sided former 3/4
- Plaster stop required? (30mm offset) yes/no
- Check reveal yes/no
It is the responsibility of the contractor to ensure frames are supplied as ordered before installation, as no responsibility for any incorrect dimensions can be considered after the frame former has been built into the brickwork.
Note: when ordering for timber frame constructions, please contact our technical department.
The Dacatie Frame Former is suitable for use with all window and door frames, including timber, PVCu and aluminium. For easy installation follow these steps.
- Step 1 Build wall up to sill height and locate the Dacatie Frame Former in the cavity (check former is square and propped up vertically).
- Step 2 Build up courses of brickwork/ blockwork inserting brick ties alternately between the brick and the block every 225mm (every three bricks or every course of block work).
- Step 3 Brick up to lintel height and remove bracing (if applicable).
- Step 4 Build in lintel and upper brickwork.
NOTES FOR WINDOW AND DOOR INSTALLATION
Check window or door is within tolerances; windows should be 10mm less than inside width of former and 8mm less than the inside height of former. Fix with standard window fixings (e.g. lugs, reveal straps or bolt fixings). Note: Non standard shapes available.
Dacatie offer a wide range of fire rated cavity closers > For cavities from 10mm to 180mm > Made in Britain > Available through all leading builders merchants Request samples View Range h...Read More
We'll be at the @NationalMerch Show in April. Stand 147. > Exclusive giveaways & promotions > Brilliant quality products > Manufactured in the UK #cavityclosers #cavitybarriers #cavity...Read More